Saturday 18 April 2015

Resolved Sample, First Thoughts - Paper Experiments

I've started to think about growth and disintegration with Spring flowers and looking at how I can use this within a design for my resolved sample. I have looked at how the flowers, and more specifically the petals, change from their original closed 'bud' shape, to an open 'star' shape and finally how they shrivel and drop. Now I need to think about how to translate these ideas into my resolved sample.

First Thoughts - Paper Experiments

I looked at several ways in which to disintegrate paper and recorded them in my sketchbook. I tried to think how I could use these ways with fabric as well, for example with Sample 11.1 I used a rotary cutter and this would work well with fabric, especially if I frayed the cut edges. Also with Sample 11.6 this could be melting fabric with a soldering iron.

    11.1 & 11.2                                                           11.3 & 11.4


    11.5 & 11.6                                                            11.7
 
I like the disintegration effect of samples 11.5 and 11.7 most. I think this is because of the way it looks more like decaying in a natural way, which would fit in well with my Spring flower ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment