Sunday 3 May 2015

Resolved Samples, Second Thoughts - Paper Shapes

I started off tearing cartridge paper for my first samples. I found the shape disintegrated nicely and I probably could have carried on ... and on. This was a very useful exercise as I felt I had made a big difference to a basic shape.

Samples 11.8 to 11.11
 
With my next samples I used paper I had coloured and tried to use both positive and negative shapes, and also to apply methods from First Thoughts. The first four here reminded me of a star 'in the sky' rather than a man made or nature star; another aspect of a simple star shape.
 
Samples 11.12 to 11.15
 
With the next sample I wanted to distort my shapes see if I could use more than one method to disintegrate the shapes. This is a good way to try ideas before using fabric.

 
Samples 11.16 - 11.17

 

No comments:

Post a Comment