Monday 18 May 2015

Playing With Tyvek

I wanted to practice more with Tyvek to use in my resolved sample, so on the basis of practice makes perfect I had another go. Photos are not particularly good, as it was a very sunny day. I painted each sheet first with acrylic paints and printed on each sheets with combinations of blue, orange and silver. I used an iron to heat the sheets which I placed in between two sheets of baking parchment. This time I applied the heat more slowly and hovered the iron across the surface, rather than pressing down.  I also turned the Tyvek over and heated both sides. This gave 'bubbles' standing out or indented.

Tyvek Sample 1

Tyvek Sample 2

Tyvek Sample 3

Tyvek Sample 4
 
 
I am more pleased with these pieces, I think I felt more in control than the first time I tried. I achieved more of a contoured surface this time. Sample 4 is probably my choice to use in my resolved sample, I have both texture and some disintegration over the shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment