Sunday 3 May 2015

Resolved Samples, Third Thoughts - Fabric Shapes

For disintegrating a square of fabric I used white muslin throughout, due to its 'frayability'.  I started off with folding and cutting, similar to earlier paper samples I made and then progressed onto cutting and fraying the fabric in a variety of ways.

 
Samples 11.18 - 11.23

Once I started I could see how fraying the fabric in different ways gave different effects, and depending on direction of weft and warp, how much disintegration occurs; also how controlled you can be with the fraying.

 
Samples 11.24 -11.29

With samples 11.27 - 11.29 I tried some different effects, bonding pulled threads together and cutting into shape, and then trying to recreate some of the effects from First Thoughts. I liked the effect of hole punching the fabric (11.28)

No comments:

Post a Comment