Thursday 25 June 2015

M2 Chapter 6 - Patterning Of Fabrics Using Cold Water Dyes & Fabric Paints

I used Procion Jet Black for cold water dyeing and household bleach. The fixative I used was a mix of soda and salt, approximately 1:3 ratio. I dyed a few pieces black and left them overnight to soak. I used dry fabric and have ended up with a huge amount of fabric, samples below.

Tie & Dye
I used a variety of methods and had some success and some not so successful. I did however achieve a variety of colours and some more plain black!











Tritik Shibori
I didn't have as much success with this. I used beeswax to coat the thread.













I need to do Arashi Shibori when I get my pipe sawn to a more manageable size. The next batch I will also try with wet fabric for a more soft effect.

Monoprinting Using Fabric Paints

I really enjoyed this and liked the fabric I produced.

 

 

 


I intend to have another session of dyeing. I got a deeper black the longer I left the fabric and think with persistence and practice I will get much better results, although I have plenty to work with at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment