Wednesday 24 June 2015

M2 Chapter 5 - Make Patterned Papers

For this chapter I wanted to make some patterned paper using some of the methods I learnt in Module 1, especially as I felt I could make some printing stamps from my drawings. So I started with this and made some stamps, used stencils and stamps I had and bubble wrap.

Acrylic Paint and Stamps - Revisiting Module 1

 



 

Ink Marks
I then went onto using Quink ink with a range of cut cardboard to make marks. I didn't find this particularly easy to start with but with perseverance I produced some patterns.





Bleach Marks
I really enjoyed this and felt I produced a good range of papers. I used cut cardboard, cotton buds, toothbrush splashes and folding the paper.

 

 



 


Monoprints
I used gesso and multi purpose acrylic paints for this, again I really enjoyed this exercise.

 



I found this really useful, although not so keen with using ink I can see that it could suit some work. I particularly enjoy patterning paper and made quite a lot - more than is shown here - and I am looking forward to moving onto fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment