Wednesday 24 June 2015

Final Resolved Sample and Reflections of Module One

Finally finished and mounted.


 
 
Firstly reflecting on my resolved sample, I am pleased in the main with the completed piece and it mounted up well on white. The one big error I made was not to think through the edge and finishing off before I started, so in hindsight I would have a much wider frayed edge. I could of course add a wider edging but think I will leave it as a reminder to not forget the finish.
 
Reflecting on the module as a whole, I have learnt and practised many new skills, and really enjoyed myself.  I have particularly learnt about design, and how to follow a design through from the start, a picture, photograph, idea etc., until the end with a final stitched piece. Also by choosing colours which I would not usually pick I feel I have widened the scope of my future work tremendously. Obviously there are things which did not go as well as I hoped but I find I have learnt a lot from my mistakes and with help from my tutor have managed to rectify some samples and looked at different approaches I can adopt for the future.
 
The biggest change in myself is that I love colouring my own paper and fabric. In particular the fabric has a much more 'organic' and 'personal' feel compared to bought ready coloured/patterned fabric. It is something I haven't tried before but I am confident that it is a skill I will continue to use in all my future work.
 
I am very much looking forward to the next module.

No comments:

Post a Comment