Sunday 17 June 2018

M6 Chapter 4 - Fabrics & Threads Colouring and Bonding

Threads
I dyed several different threads, both natural and synthetic with Procion Mx Dyes. I was pleased with the results and it was a simple technique. I also dyed some sari silk with the left over dye. It is always interesting to see the variations in tone and colour using the same colour on different fibres.
 
4.1

4.2
Fabrics
I coloured fabrics with simple dye and colouring and then made marks on some of them. The bonding colour was not very successful as the glue did not peel in a smooth layer. I think this was because the bondaweb was old. It did however give some interesting textures. Markal oil sticks worked well for some frottage techniques and I heat set using an iron.

4.3

4.4

4.5

4.6

4.7

4.8

4.9

4.10
 
 Mopping up always gives some interesting textures and patterns.

4.11

4.12

I used the left over dyes for a quick bit of tye dye/shibori.

4.13

I did not get the colours I wanted on the fabric but they are fine for samples. I will fine tune for the final assessment piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment