Saturday 16 June 2018

M6 Chapter 2 - Design Using Shapes & Layers

I started this chapter by making a stack of coloured papers. For the first design set I tore paper and layered it using this image as a guide.
 
 
2.1 - I made some photocopies to cut and manipulate for further designs.

2.2

2.3

2.4
 
For the next two designs I took two decorated papers and cut simple shapes and layered them.
 

2.5


2.6

I then cut them again and layered them by weaving, and cut again and so on...

2.7

2.8
 
For the next set of designs I took a coloured paper and layered it with simple shapes.
 


2.9 - I then made some photocopies to cut and manipulate.

2.10

2.11
 
For the final two designs I took threes papers layered with simple shapes and cut them, manipulated and then cut them again and manipulated and so on...

2.12

2.13
 
I really enjoyed this chapter and can see how this can be translated to working with fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment