Tuesday 29 August 2017

M5 Chapter 2 - Paper Relief Investigations

I started by gathering a variety of white papers. I found I had more than I realised! Plenty for investigating through samples. For each paper I tore a strip, folded a piece and scrunched a piece.

2.1

2.2

2.3

2.4

2.5
 
This was a really useful exercise as the paper all behaved in a different manner not only because of the weight and type of paper, but in how it was used. The next sample was to rip, fold and scrunch to fit A4 size into a ninth of an A4 base paper.
 
2.6

This was trickier than it seemed. The thicker papers, for example; khadi paper, were particularly difficult to fit into the space. Again this was a useful exercise and will help with manipulating fabrics.

The next exercise was to manipulate tissue paper to produce samples of relief surfaces.

2.7

2.8

2.9

2.10
 
And then onto adding pleats. I do not own a pleater so used long machine stitches and a gathering foot on my machine. The tissues held up well to stitching and pleating.
 
2.11

2.12

2.13
I have a big pile of relief textures. I have kept everything separate currently so I can group ideas and samples together during the module.

2.14


No comments:

Post a Comment