Tuesday 29 August 2017

M5 Chapter 1 - Texture In Landscape

I decided for this Module to continue along the lines of landscapes, textures and found objects that I tapped into for Module 4. The Thames Estuary and its coastline is within easy reach both along its Essex coastline and into London. I found this a motivating area for the previous module and feel there is much more I can gain from it for Module 5.

 
Mud flats.

 
Streams run through the mud.

 
There's always some seaweed.

 
Piles of tyres

 
Rusty rings and seaweed.

 
Rusty chains.

 
Dried seaweed and debris.
 
 
It made lovely textures dried over the pipe.
 
 
Lots and lots of cockle shells, although not as many as when I was young as they are now recycled.

 
Close up of cockle shell.

 
Outside of oyster shell.

 
Inside of oyster shell.

 
There are many oyster shells to be gathered along the Thames in London. These were collected at Greenwich.
 
I have literally hundreds of photographs from various walks and these are a selection from recent outings.  I then cropped, manipulated and altered some, and changed them to black and white. The textures were much more apparent when black and white.
 
 
Mud flats.

 
Cockle shells.

 
Footprints in the mud.

 
Rusted remains of jetty posts.

 
Wooden remains of jetty posts.

 
Mud flats with inversed colours.

 
Dried seaweed.

 
Dried seaweed and debris over a pipe.
 
I have a good selection of photographs I can use throughout this module which I can manipulate further if necessary. I can also rotate them which gives another viewpoint.
 
Lastly, walking back to the car I spotted this wonderful lichen growing on an upturned boat. The colour was spectacular. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment