Tuesday 11 August 2015

Festival Of Quilts 2015

This year I was lucky enough to get to the Festival of Quilts at the Birmingham NEC with my eldest daughter and two friends. Luckily a lot of the many, many quilts on display were pertinent to Module 2. Here's a selection which caught my eye.


 
A couple of more traditional quilts, and then the art quilts.
 

 
 
 
 


The winner of the art quilts category.

 
My photographs do not do any of the quilts justice, and there were many more beautiful quilts of many colours!  I picked ones that I thought were interesting with the use of tone and contrast, and were of interest to my current module.
 
I'm going to just include these quilted tags!
 
 
I spotted these very easily and went to ask permission to take a quick piccie and found myself at Susan Chapman's stand, who is now a tutor at Distant Stitch. There was some lovely work on display and the sketchbooks were great! Thanks for sharing.



No comments:

Post a Comment