Wednesday 29 July 2015

Wire & Form Workshop With Lynda Monk

I attended a great workshop with Lynda Monk at Craft Arena, Billericay. Lynda was a great tutor and we had lots to try and get on with over two days.

Most of the first day was spent playing with Thermofax screens, Xpandaprint and lutradur, among other materials. We covered 10 different techniques - well I did 9 - and included embossing, foil and the hot press. The hot press was very popular, and I think I may invest in one myself!

 
Some foil negative patterns I bought home to play with.

 
Lots of leaves!

The second day we spent stitching our leaves onto wire and putting some of our bits together on a canvas, the frame was provided by Lynda.

 
It doesn't look like I finished much, lots of works in progress! I did want to get on with the canvas/frame construction before the end so my leaves aren't put together yet. I have a whole heap of bits in a box awaiting further work.

 
Lynda shared some great ideas about colouring the leaves which I will try soon, I do have quite a few of them.

So a great weekend, hard work and good fun. looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment