Monday 28 May 2018

M5 - Evaluation of Resolved Sample

The completed embroidered assessment piece for Module 5 is a resolved sample based on the design topic of landscape.

Do you feel satisfied with the results?
No:
  • I do not feels the separate panels pulled together to form a 'whole' and feels somewhat disjointed.
  • The simplicity of the design has become over complicated
  • I wanted to flow over the edge of the frame but it sits inside the frame.
  • I lost the success I had from the samples throughout the module

Is it fit for purpose?
Yes:
  • It has 4 areas using different methods of fabric manipulation.
  • It has texture from this and from the stitch,
  • It has height and contours.
  • It uses tones of one colour range.

If you were asked to make it again, what changes would you make?
To the way you designed it:
I would choose a design that is less linear and with more organic shapes. I would also look more at how the different elements would fit/join together at the design stage.

To the way you made it:
I possibly would use less stitch and more fabric manipulation if I were to repeat the exercise, and I probably overcomplicated the sample.

Note:
Although I'm not very pleased with the resolved sample it was still a valuable point of learning. I am looking forward to working on a larger piece and this has showed the importance of working samples. If I were moving onto a larger landscape piece I would now work another resolved sample and so on until I was confident with my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment