Monday 28 May 2018

M5 Chapter 11 - Design From Landscapes



Use Of Texture - Flat and Relief Textures
 
11.1 - Collection of flat and relief textures

11.2 - Rubbings taken from stitched samples

11.3 - Flat texture rings/circles and relief texture rings/circles

11.4 - Relief textures
 
11.5 - More relief textures; paste, buttons, beads, string, xpanda paint. I painted these samples with white acrylic paint but the paint faded and changed colour depending on the medium used. Gesso would be a better choice to try.
 
 
Use of Shape
 
I took my source images and postcard sized papers, both flat and relief. I cut and tore each one to explore different shapes.

11.6
 
11.7

11.8

11.9

11.10

This was a good exercise to find shapes and to observe closely. It was interesting to notice the difference between shapes using a flat and relief texture. The relief textures give a good indication of working the shape with fabric manipulation whereas I found the flat texture gave me a better view of potential stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment